Opium
My rating: 3/5
Location: NJ 2, Near Infinity Tower, Block GP, Bidhan Nagar, Sector 5, Salt Lake, Kolkata
Being a Bengali, born and bought up in Delhi, I've never had a chance to live in Kolkata. So when I got relocated to salt lake, I was delighted and opium was the first pub in salt lake that I visited. First impression, must say, was not that good. Going by the reviews, I would say that it's pretty over hyped. This is a place for regulars. Period. If you are a new visitor, don't expect good service. The waiters will serve you as if they are doing you a favour. Also, this place does not have a separate DJ and the waiters are the ones who play the music. They claim that they play "Rock", but when you request them for a song, they are clueless! Having said that, I must say, the food is pretty good and, well, if you do become a regular (and tip well), you will be treated like a celebrity! Overall a decent place to hangout with friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment