Blues
My rating: 4/5
Location: N 18, Outer Circle, Opposite Katurbha Gandhi Marg,Connaught Place, New Delhi
One thing that I must say is that every time I visit this place, I'm left a little disappointed.
Why?
Well, Blues used to be THE coolest hangout spot in CP for good music (read blues) lovers. With talented singers like Linda and Bismarco playing live music every evening, it used to offer the best music-best food-best ambiance deal. And yes, the happy hours (God i miss Delhi)! 1+1 on drinks till 8 PM! Yup, this place had it all.
But over the years, I have to say, the overall quality of this place has gone down. Where once the mood was set by The Beatles, John Denver, The Doors and the likes, have now been replaced by Katy Perry and the "pop" brigade (yes, Katy Perry!).
The food here is good, especially the Indian and the continental. I like the non veg platter, the chilli chicken, the baked nachos and the sizzlers. The waiters are quite impatient, and sometimes arrogant. One can say that the weakest aspect of this place is it's service.
There is no separate smoking zone and you have to go out to take a drag (another mood spoiler, but over the years we got used to it). You will love the ambiance if you like Gothic or the dark, in general.
My rating is solely because of the wonderful memories I have associated with this place. If you don't have much expectations music-wise, and are looking for a place to drink and have good food, you'll like it.
As they say, it's tough to be the best, but it's tougher to maintain it! Hope the management wakes up before this place loses all its credibility!


No comments:
Post a Comment